Tired of switching pens regularly? How about just using a single pen for lifelong? Looks interesting and hassle-free? Here comes the inkless metal pens which doesn’t require any single drop of ink to write.
Inkless pen seems to be the brand new technology but actually it’s not. The technology is being used for a long time. It writes by the alloy tip present on the top of the pen. There are few things you need to keep in mind before buying an inkless metal pen. Each time you write, the metal from the pen gets deposited on the paper in very tiny amount. Since its only a tiny amount, it lasts for your lifetime.
Advantage and Disadvantages
- The text written with the inkless pen will be barely visible in bright light depending upon the reflections when compared to the regular pen and pencil.
- This pen is good for making notes, drawing and other writing works.
- Sometimes, you have to write hard on the paper with some pressure to make the text more visible.
- This pen works for years where the ordinary pen and pencil will run out of fuel. You don’t have to refill this pen.
- Inkless pens are much more costly than the normal ink pens and pencils. So you have to handle it with care. One little slip can break it.
- The inkless pen contains metallic lead which is not safe for the children. Since a child can pick the pen and put it in it’s mouth.
- The text written with the inkless pen is permanent on the paper and you can’t erase it with rubber.
- You can impress your friends and family with its technology. The design of the pen will also be more stylish and attractive than the normal pens.
- The texts written with the pen are waterproof. You just have to make the paper dry to make everything normal if the paper becomes wet.
- The pen works even upside down which means you can use it even in the space.
- You can use it to write on almost in all surfaces even on the metals.
- There is no leakage of the ink since there is no ink is being used in the pen.
- You don’t have to sharpen it every time like a pencil but if you want it more sharp then you can shape it using sandpaper or with a nail file once, which will be permanent after that.
- The inkless pen won’t work for shading on the scantron test.
- It writes similar to a pencil than a pen.
- The weight of the pen is more or less equal to the normal pen and it’s not so weighted as many people think
- This will be really a great gift to your friends and family.
- Some inkless pens aren’t smooth as the normal pens while writing on the paper.
Final words, this fits the title “long lasting pencil” rather than “inkless pen” since it writes more like a pencil. You can go for it if you are a person who likes to try new things.