Do you want over 10,000 visitors to your website everyday? You can easily reach the 10K mark if you follow these guidelines on your website. I had explained the each and every SEO optimization technic in this post.In order to increase the revenue of your website, you need to increase the traffic to your website. You have to work constantly to maintain the traffic. Now implement the below rules on your blog to see the change.
Getting 10000 unique pageviews from Google relays on a number of factors. So we are explaining from the bottom to top on how to set up a successful blog. So please read and implement everything without hesitation.
What Will I Learn?
Choose Attractive Domain Name
Buying a good domain name is the first step for a successful website. The domain name should be related to your website topic and has to be easy to remember. So the first time visitors can remember your website and can visit it again. If you are confused about picking a good domain name then you can use the domain name generators.
You can also try to buy the old websites since the old domains have some advantage over the newly registered domain in the search engine results.
Before registering the new domain, you should check the domain is blocked in Google search results and in Adsense or not. Since the domain may have previously used for spamming purposes and may again available for registering. You can check it on isbanned.com
Avoid using the trademark words on your domain name since the trademark owner can file a case against you and can take your domain down.
Get Country Level TLD: If you are just going to write for a specific country people
If you are going to write about topics which will only be searched by Indians then just get the .in domain instead of the .com domain. Since the website with .in domain will be given preference over the website with .com in the Google India search results.
Likewise, if you want to target United Kingdom then just use co.uk and for Canada .ca. Remember some of the country level domains are available for register only by their respective country citizens.
Get Faster Server & Hosting
The websites which loads faster are placed above the websites which are slower in the search results. The users will also leave the website if it is too slow and will never come back again. You can check your website speed at developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed.
Also make sure that your hosting provider has No or lower down time. Since it will reduce your revenue and traffic to your site.
Make Your Website Responsive (Mobile Friendly)
The visitors can use any device with different screen size to access your website. So your website has to fit for all devices and screen sizes. Google has said they won’t show the non-mobile friendly websites on the top of the search results for the mobile users.
So make your website mobile friendly and responsive. You can check your site’s mobile friendlyness at www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly
Choose New Topic For Writing
You must not write about a general topic which is written previously by many others. When you search Google for “how to lose weight” it retrieves around 4,00,00,000 results and if you going to write about it then your result will be buried in the search results. The people who search for the keyword won’t look after 4 or 5 pages in Google.
So try to write about the topics which are new and contains less search engine results. Then your chances for being on the first page on the search results is likely high. You must also keep in mind that your topic has decent searches in the Google.
Write a blog post everyday (or every week)
More posts is equal to more visitors. Try to write one post everyday, if it is not possible then at least write once per week. If you are just going to write and forget then blogging is not for you.
You will need hundreds of high quality posts to get the 10,000 daily visitors to your blog. So blog continuously and steadily.
Use descriptive title with long tail keywords
Imagine what the user will search on the Google and make the phrase as your article title. Example: How to start a small business from home? How to make a website mobile friendly? or try more specific, How to get home loan from Citi bank?
Blog Post Must Have At Least 1000 Words
Short posts with less words won’t rank well and there should be around 1000 words to make Google to think our post is rich and in higher quality. So make sure your post has all the information about the topic and has a lot of words. At last check for spelling and grammar mistakes and correct them.
Blog Post Must Not Contain Copied Text
If you simply going to copypaste someone’s article then it won’t work. Google knows which is the real and which is the copy pasted text. The first indexed post by the Google will be considered as the original and the remaining will be considered as duplicate content.
Add An Image or Youtube Video To Your Posts
Adding an image or a video will enhance the content. The users can understand the topic better by viewing the picture or by watching the video.
Use ALT Tag For Images
Google can’t understand what’s an image is about and you have to include the alt tag which contains the keyword about the image. This will help you to get visitors from the Google image search.
Link Similar Pages In The Article Text
If you have related articles in your blog then link them together. You must link by adding the proper text and just don’t paste the URL as for linking.
Avoid External Links To Low Quality Websites
You should not link to low quality websites but if it’s necessary then you can give nofollow links to the top websites like Wikipedia, CNN, Times Now etc.,.
Use Hyphen Instead of Underscore In URL
Google considers the underscore as the word joiner. For example: Multi_Media and MultiMedia are same in the view of Google. Hyphens are consider to be the word separators and so use hyphens in the web address instead of the underscore.
Google likes the posts which are being shared in the social networking sites many times. Also you should not depend fully on the search engines for the traffic, you can get the additional traffic from the social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Youtube and LinkedIn. Note: It should not be spammy.
Update Your Blog Post Content Periodically
Your blog post will get reduction in search results rank over time due to the arrival of other new website’s posts about the same topic and to overcome this you have to add new information to the older posts. Updated content will given importance than the non-updated content for a longer time.
Interact With The Users Of Your Site Through Comments
Answer the queries asked by the visitors in the comment section. Give them the answers and guidelines. This will also help to add the additional information about the topic which will help the further visitors.
Google’s Latest Update
Google’s new update in February significantly affected how sites get their organic traffic, changing the SERPs for 12% of all U.S. searches. While we know the aim of the algorithm change was to weed out low quality sites, Google has been extremely tight lipped on what exactly qualifies as a high quality website -until now.
Amit Singhal, the Google engineer in charge of their ranking algorithm just published a blog post giving the most elaborate explanation of Panda to date. Without getting into specifics which would allow people to game the system, Amit lays out exactly what questions Google are looking to answer in determining what qualifies as a high quality site. Here are some of the key takeaways for Kontera Publishers:
- You are being judged on the basics; make sure to double check your content for Spelling, Grammar, and Factual Errors. Features like the Instant in Search have proven that Google’s able to successfully predict what you’re looking for before you even finish typing the word. It’s pretty safe to assume they can also tell the difference between “there” and “their”.
- Don’t become a broken record. When Publishers experience a level of success with a certain post, there’s a temptation to follow that up with several similarly titled posts, covering identical topics. That would be a red flag. Google is looking for you to demonstrate a depth of knowledge – once you’ve established your site’s subject, make sure that you’re covering that topic from as many different angles as possible.
- Similarly, it’s important your site doesn’t become too eclectic. This can be an issue if publishers ignore their site’s theme, and instead begin blogging about whatever keyword happens to be hot that day. But it can also be an issue if publishers are genuinely interested in a variety of different topics. There’s nothing wrong with that, however just to be on the safe side, create separate sites for your separate interests.
- Provide articles with original content, reporting, or analysis. While judging value might seem like a subjective thing, in the macro it’s anything but. In-bound links and other writers picking up your story are likely key indicators to Google if your site has quality, unique content. The amount of comments could also be a contributing factor in determining a site’s authority.
- The amount of time people spend on your site, and the amount of return visitors speak pretty definitively to how much a site is valued. We don’t know for sure if Google Analytics is information used towards determining Search rank (there’s a chicken or the egg issue there) but if you do implement Analytics, it should give you great insight into how you’re tracking on site quality.
- Trust factors into Rank. Would you be comfortable giving your credit card information to this site, is a critical question Google is looking to answer. For websites that rely on sales transactions, making sure you are PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant, and displaying a badge to that effect should go a long way in establishing that trust.
In all, while Singhal did give some good specifics about how you can make your site Panda compliant and hinted at a great deal more, the chief point of his blog post was quality sites really have nothing to worry about. Search engines will continue to tweak their algorithms, but the core questions they’re trying to answer with those changes remain the same. At the end of the day, the best content is ultimately going to be what gets the best results.